November 13, 2021 by Admin
You create and publish a Power BI report that contains an embedded canvas app. The report will be used by multiple people.
The canvas app has an issue that must be corrected.
You update the canvas app.
You need to ensure that the updated canvas app is available in the published Power BI report.
What should you do?
- Manually refresh the data source on the published Power BI report
- Publish the canvas app
- Publish the Power BI report from Power BI Desktop and reshare to any users
- Publish the Power BI report from Power BI Desktop
– If you change the data fields associated with the visual, you must edit the app from within the Power BI service by selecting the ellipsis (…) and then selecting Edit. Otherwise, the changes won’t be propagated to Power Apps, and the app will behave in unexpected ways.
– The Power Apps visual can’t trigger a refresh of Power BI reports and Power BI data sources from within Power BI Desktop. If you write back data from the app to the same data source as the report, your changes won’t be reflected immediately in Power BI Desktop. Changes are reflected on the next scheduled refresh.