November 15, 2020 by Admin
Which three statements are generally considered to be best practices in the placement of ACLs? (Choose three.)
- Place standard ACLs close to the source IP address of the traffic.
- Place extended ACLs close to the destination IP address of the traffic.
- Filter unwanted traffic before it travels onto a low-bandwidth link.
- Place extended ACLs close to the source IP address of the traffic.
- Place standard ACLs close to the destination IP address of the traffic.
- For every inbound ACL placed on an interface, there should be a matching outbound ACL.
Answers Explanation & Hints:
Extended ACLs should be placed as close as possible to the source IP address, so that traffic that needs to be filtered does not cross the network and use network resources. Because standard ACLs do not specify a destination address, they should be placed as close to the destination as possible. Placing a standard ACL close to the source may have the effect of filtering all traffic, and limiting services to other hosts. Filtering unwanted traffic before it enters low-bandwidth links preserves bandwidth and supports network functionality. Decisions on placing ACLs inbound or outbound are dependent on the requirements to be met.